Tuesday, August 31, 2010

YAY!

I got my first roll of film put on a disk today, it was mostly experiments, but here are the best shots (and some weird ones):
Secret Garden
Wet Paint

Tall&Bright

A Different Perspective...
127 Commonwealth Ave


L.O.V.E.
(This was just some cool experiments :P no title)

Apparently we have a ghost...
Multiple Exposure of the ceiling...
Merry-Go-Round (Not really)

 I'm still getting the hang of it seeing that out of 50ish shots I got those... haha, I also need a flash for Diana, that's the main problem I think... I also understand what long exposure is.. thanks to Diana! haha, I'm taking my time with the second roll, to see if I can get better-er shots. It's also kinda hard to remember to adjust the lens to the appropriate focus setting....
I need to hurry if I want dinner, so I'll edit this later to tell more about my day <3
[edit] Dinner was awesome, I had a raw spinach salad, and chicken tenders, and friesssss. It was so good. I love not having to spend money!

So my experience this current day was interesting.  First I got free breakfast, which was yummy, I feel healthy.... and then I had to go to this silly field trip thingy. So we all (79 of us) pile onto the 2 buses, (take note that it was 95 degrees with humidity of 50%) and we are all legitimately dripping sweat, it's like we were in an freaking oven, and we were heading to Cradles to Crayons Giving Factory. We figured that they would have air conditioning. Oh, how dreadfully wrong we were. Not only were we in a stuffy metal and brick warehouse, but we were between two bigger brick buildings, which just made the factory a huge oven. They have us all crowed together preparing things for children who need clothes and etc. which I have no problem doing, but the woman instructing us was like insane. And we were working with only 2 standing fans, and another 2 ceiling fans that were over where the people who normally do the work were sitting, watching. We were told if you need water, get some at the water cooler,  when I went to get some it was all out, and one of the lazy bastards was like, "oh, well you guys will be done soon...." so I went back to where I was working and a few moments later the instructor comes and is like "Oh take a break, get some water," and I told her about the water cooler being empty and she went and put new water on it, and I got a cup of water. Which was not "cool" in anyway. THEN, when we finally left, it was literally cooler outside. :(

SO.. then I got home and realized I could get my film developed, so i walked to CVS, then went to the park to wait... Some woman bought me a nectarine, and then when I was walking back to the CVS,  some Black man was like "Hey pretty lady, you wanna donate to the homeless children?" and I said, "No, I'm sorry I really have no money on me" then he said "Oh, well that's fine, and DAMN, you are a pretty lady, where you from?" Lol, I was so freaking scared, I went into the CVS and on the way home i like double and triple checked to make sure I wasn't being followed... CREEPY. But at least I'm a "Pretty Lady"....

2 comments:

  1. Awwhh poor thing, I hope you feel better, and I'm interested to see the edit to this blog. Need details. :P

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete